Boost productivity with Made Smarter North West
Keep your business moving forward with support from a new £20 million initiative, designed to embed advanced digital technology across the North West’s manufacturing sector.
A national programme backed by UK Government and business, the Made Smarter North West programme is set to engage with 3,000 SME manufacturers across the region, to make the UK the global leader in the creation, adoption and export of advanced digital technologies.
Made Smarter is the movement which is shaping how the modern world does business to increase the productivity of UK Manufacturing and Engineering through:
- Stronger leadership
- Rapid technology adoption
- Innovation – securing value in the UK
- Upskilling – building a robust industry workforce fit for the future
Cumbria businesses have the chance to access match funded support and advice regarding how industrial digital technologies (IDT), including robotics, artificial intelligence, 3D printing and the Internet of Things (IoT), could revolutionise their manufacturing processes.
Who does Made Smarter Support?
We work with small and medium-sized manufacturers and engineering businesses across North West England providing specialist and personalised technology advice.
A number of Cumbria firms will also qualify for more intensive business support, gaining access to match-funded grants, bespoke consultancy, mentoring and other resources which will help them to accelerate commercial growth.
The team have continued to work with SME’s throughout lockdown and we have seen even more manufacturers looking to take advantage of technology during this time. If you are working with a business who could benefit from technology currently, please refer them to a business advisor. The advisor will take the time to understand their business needs. Businesses can email email@example.com to book a virtual appointment or register their interest and we’ll be in touch.
You can read a real life story on how local businesses have benefited from not only Growth Hub support, but Made Smarter support too:
- DM Engineering – Through Made Smarter – received support and advice to invest in 3D printing software, as well as 1-2-1 adviser support through the Growth Hub.
- Ye Olde Friars – Through Made Smarter – accessed funding that will increase output and scale up production, as well as receiving a subsidy through the Growth Hub.
- Storth– Through Made Smarter – has used robotics to navigate the coronavirus pandemic and kick start its digital transformation.
To find out how your business can be made smarter visit www.madesmarter.uk or call 0161 359 3050.