Helping you improve your business communications with both English and non-English speaking export markets.
Addressing global business communications, DIT’s Export Communication Review (ECR) can help you improve communications with both English and non-English speaking export markets by reviewing all aspects of communication with them.
What do I get?
The ECR consultant can review all written and spoken communications with a specific overseas market or they can focus on particular export activities.
You’ll receive a customised report to help you improve overseas trade including:
- A table of strengths and weaknesses of current communications against international best practice (addressing written, telephone, face to face and electronic communications)
- Tailored and practical recommendations, summarised in a business action plan
- Information about possible suppliers and costs to implement the recommendations
- How-to guides, with more detailed advice on how to implement recommendations.
What sort of communications can it cover?
The key documents and processes covered by the review include:
Key documents and processes that can be managed by ECR include:
- Press releases and promotional materials, technical documentation and manuals, catalogues and packaging for international audiences
- Preparation for and representation at an overseas trade show or exhibition
- Preparation for a presentation to an international audience
- Improving relationships with overseas agents and distributors
- International sales and invoicing processes
- Systems for handling foreign phone calls and emails
- Training of overseas staff; language training needs in the UK and recruitment of export staff
- International website strategy.
More help with exporting?
To access or find out more contact Catherynn Dunstan at:
Tel: 0844 257 8450