Is your business still steam driven?
Today’s technology and software innovations are not just transforming the way businesses operate, they’re changing the whole commercial landscape.
So you’ve come to the right place if you want to make your business more digital savvy!
And with a great range of FREE support, grants and subsidies available, we can help you start your own digital revolution and get your business working harder for you!
ACT NOW! Call 0844 257 8450 or email to book your FREE 1-2-1 appointment with one of our specialist advisers.
Smart technology is here to stay and with a bit of digital savvy, you too could be the next Amazon, Uber or Netflix! There are a whole host of ways your business can benefit from smart technologies; some options are sector specific but most are generic and designed to improve business performance in key areas such as:
- Communications – buying time
Skype, tele-conferencing and online chat are revolutionising the way we communicate with staff, customers and suppliers. They reduce the need for time consuming meetings and help to minimise travel costs.
- Marketing & Service – exceeding customer expectations
Is your website delivering a great customer experience and generating sales? Making the most of social media, email and mobile marketing, podcasts, online demos, CRM systems and online surveys can help you develop new markets and increase sales.
- Skills Development – creating a dynamic workplace
Many of the tools that support your marketing and customer service can also be used to train your staff, especially in sales. The ability to access databases and resources remotely at any time or place helps keep staff motivated and productive. Smart technology will also help you retain your best talent.
- Operations – streamlining processes
As businesses grow, more and more are turning to managed IT services to handle data management, security and maintenance and to provide technical support. The eliminates the need for expensive systems for your data entry, storage and retrieval needs. Outsourced IT services can also ensure you have robust data protection measures in place.
- Finance – improving cash flow
Smart accounting software makes it easier to identify cash-flow issues and helps to reduce costs. And with cloud computing, you no longer need to maintain dedicated accounting systems as you can access financial information from any device and any time.
It’s all about survival of the fittest, even Charles Darwin saw it coming!
It’s not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent but the most responsive to change. Charles Darwen
- Our team of specialist advisers can help you with a digital review and work with you to identify areas which could be improved. They have expertise across the range of sectors and specialisms and really understand the challenges to business of integrating modern technology and applications.
Our consultancy subsidy can help you make your business work harder for you.
- Our Consultancy Subsidy offers a 40% grant of up £4,000 towards working with a specialist on a variety of areas including Cyber Essentials, online media or help with implementing cloud based solutions*. Find out more here.* eligibility criteria will apply.
- Cumbria Forum is an innovative, fully funded, six-month programme run by our partner Lancaster University. The programme will enable you learn from experts and other businesses on how to manage the latest developments in technology. It will also enable you to build a strong support network with other SME businesses.
Our advisers can help your business develop and grow. Are you benefiting from their expertise?
With the latest CAD software and automated cutting table, production has doubled. We couldn’t have handled the volumes at our Cockermouth facility without the investment and support from the Growth Hub. Aaron Travell, Planet Knox.
A great way to find inspiration and ideas is to check out what other businesses are doing.
Cockermouth based Planet Knox makes protective equipment, performance layering systems, hand armour and outerwear under its own name and for major brands such as Victory Motorcycles, ReVit, RS Taichi and Roland Sands.
Discover how they reaping the rewards of investment in technology following investment and support from the Growth Hub.
Make the most of the support we can offer
The Growth Hub plays a key role in bringing Cumbria’s businesses together and offers great range of workshops and networking opportunities to help you develop your business, learn new skills, and share ideas.
Find out more about our latest events.
Get in Touch
Make the most of the support we can offer to get your business working harder for you. Call us FREE on 0845 226 0040.