The UK Export Academy from the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) gives businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world by learning from experts in international trade.
It has been designed to accommodate different levels of exporting experience, whether your business is interested in starting to sell internationally or looking to grow your international sales further. Foundation Course – Build your knowledge and confidence if you’re relatively new to selling internationally or interested in learning about how to start. You will leave the foundation course with an export action plan tailored to your business. Join any of our ten virtual core modules, or our in-person one day NW workshops.
The Export Academy is a free programme made up of 10, hour-long core interactive educational sessions with content based on feedback from delegates and designed specifically to help small and micro businesses understand everything they need to know in order to sell internationally.
- Understanding the benefits of, and barriers to, export
- Steps to export
- International Market Research
- Pricing strategy and route to market
- Customs, export controls, and trade deals
- Selling services overseas,
- International commercial (INCO) terms
- Movement of money
- Customs, VAT and Rules of Origins
- Creating an Export Action Plan