The UK’s first ever International Trade Week is here starting Monday 15th November. The week offers a series of exciting events to help businesses learn more about selling globally and connect with trade industry experts.
Whether your business currently sells goods or services internationally, or is yet to start, whether you are a small business new to exporting to multinational companies looking to expand your horizons, International Trade Week will give you the inspiration, advice and confidence to take the next steps to grow your business.
You can build your own programme of events across the week, with both virtual and in-person opportunities available. From webinars on key global markets (e.g. doing business in Singapore) through to Free Trade Agreement (FTA) workshops, with events will be run by both Government and businesses, there is something for every business.
You can tailor your week’s programme to meet your company’s needs. Sign up is simple!
Monday 15th November:
- The Department for International Trade’s Approach to Supporting Exporters – 1:00pm – 1:30pm (GMT)
- Doing Business in the USA – Streamlining Your US Expansion – 2:30pm – 4:00pm (GMT)
- Introduction to UK Export Finance – 4:30pm – 5:00pm (GMT)
Tuesday 16th November:
- Explore New Markets: Doing Business in Singapore – 10:00am – 11:30am (GMT)
- Doing Business in the Middle East: A focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) – 10:00am – 11:00am (GMT)
- Institute of Export & International Trade: Digital Trade Launch – 5:30pm – 7:30pm (GMT)
Wednesday 17th November:
- Export Academy sessions including teach-ins, Q&As and Free Trade Agreement webinars, following the expansion of the Export Academy
- Introduction to the Export Support Service – 9.30am – 10:00am (GMT)
- Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAC) sessions – 12:00pm – 5:00pm (GMT)
- What do the UK’s Free Trade Agreements mean for your business? – 3.00pm – 4.00pm (GMT)
- Navigating Global Trade: Unlocking your international potential – 4:00pm – 5:00pm (GMT)
Thursday 18th November:
- Unlocking India’s e-commerce opportunities – 10:00am – 11:00am (GMT)
- Changes to International Travel – 10:00am – 11:00am (GMT)
Friday 19th November:
- The Retail Lab – The Consumer Goods and Food&Drink Retail Scene in Australia and New Zealand – 8:30am – 9:30am – GMT)
- Spotlight on Sustainable Global Growth with LUSH – 10:00am – 12:00pm (GMT)
If any of these events seem of interest to you please get in touch with Lesley Robinson at Lesleyr@cumbriachamber.co.uk.