Although we’re all trying to move on from COVID and learning to live with the virus there is still business support on offer either funding, training or business adviser support.
Additional Restrictions Grant Final Round Payment Scheme
Allerdale Borough Council have re-opened for the final time The Additional Restrictions Grant Final Round Payment Scheme, looking to receive applications from businesses in Allerdale from any sector who:
- have not made an application for OR have not received a grant through any earlier Covid business grant schemes administered by Allerdale Borough Council
- traded throughout the financial years 2019/20 and 2020/21
- can demonstrate that Covid restrictions and regulations reduced their turnover in the financial year 2020/21 compared to 2019/20.
Full details of the scheme conditions are here. Read carefully before making your application to ensure you are eligible.
The last date for receipt of applications is 12noon on Friday, November 12, 2021. No applications will be accepted after this time.
Levels of grant
The scheme provides grants as follows:
- £2,000 if turnover down in 2020/21 compared to 2019/20 by at least £5,000 and less than £9,999
- £4,000 if turnover down in 2020/21 compared to 2019/20 by at least £10,000 and less than £14,999
- £6,000 if turnover down in 2020/21 compared to 2019/20 by at least £15,000 and less than £19,999
- £8,000 if turnover down in 2020/21 compared to 2019/20 by at least £20,000 and less than £24,999
- £10,000 if turnover down in 2020/21 compared to 2019/20 by at least £25,000 or more.
HMRC to contact SEISS claimants about missing information
HMRC has announced that it will be contacting claimants who applied for one of the first three SEISS grants and who have either not submitted a 2019/20 return or did not report income from self-employment or a partnership. Claimants must submit or amend their 2019/20 tax return to include the relevant information within 30 days of receipt of HMRC’s letter, or repay the grants they received -click here to read more – https://www.icaew.com/insights/tax-news/2021/nov-2021/HMRC-to-contact-SEISS-claimants-about-missing-tax-return-information
Recovery Loan Scheme
The Chancellor has recently announced that the Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) has been extended until June 2022, with changes to some of the Scheme parameters for the extension period.
FW Capital are an accredited lender under the RLS and are keen to support SMEs who are unable to raise all or part of the funding they need through mainstream lenders.
If a business does not meet mainstream lenders’ credit parameters, subject to our eligibility criteria, they may be able to support:
- Where a business needs to self-certify their liquidity needs under the RLS scheme rules.
- Where a business has already taken finance through CBILS or BBL and now requires additional funding.
- Where a mainstream lender can facilitate part of the borrowing requirement, but the business still has a funding gap we may be able to co-invest.
- Where a business is ‘new to bank’ and the mainstream lender would prefer to have had a longer period of time for their account to be operational before providing new or additional lending facilities.
As you will probably be aware, FW Capital only provides term loans to businesses, and as such the day-to-day relationship with their bank is unaffected by our involvement.
FW Capital operates the RLS in conjunction with the deployment of loans from the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF), with a focus on businesses in the North West, Cumbria and Tees Valley. For full details of the key features and eligibility criteria, please visit our dedicated RLS page.
If you have any cases which you would like to talk to us about, please contact us at email@example.com and we will refer you over.
Funded support through Allerdale Borough Council
Allerdale Borough Council have given Cumbria Chamber of Commerce some funding to offer free business support to businesses in Allerdale most affected by COVID operating in the retail, tourism/hospitality or personal services sectors. This includes one to one time with a business adviser and the below fully-funded workshop. This support is due to end on 31st Dec so if you fit the criteria for support please do get in touch and let’s see how we can help you move forward.
Understanding & Managing Customer Emotions – 30th Nov – 10am to 12.30pm – online delivery
Did you know that “on a lifetime value basis emotionally connected customers are more than twice as valuable than highly satisfied customers?”
Emotionally connected customers are vital for business success as emotions play a key part in the customer experience. They can be positive and/or negative emotions and can be evoked at any stage of the customer journey. Customers base their decision making on how they feel during each interaction and engagement, decision making ultimately affects the bottom line.
Therefore, it is crucial to not only recognise what customers are feeling but also to understand why they feel the way they do in order to build those all important emotional connections with customers.
During this workshop we will explore:-
- Emotional triggers and drivers
- The role emotions play in the customer experience
- How your own emotions can impact how the customer feels about their interaction with you
- Using emotional intelligence to manage customer emotions and build strong customer relationships
Is now the right time to review your business and see where it’s heading?
Thanks to some new funding we can now offer a 3hrs business diagnostic with a qualified and experienced business adviser. The diagnostic covers areas such as financial position, operations, product/service development, marketing & sales, international markets, human resources, and future business development. The adviser will populate and share the review with you.
If you are a business that either meets the criteria of a potential Scale-Up (the aspiration and potential with support to deliver significant turnover growth over the next 3 year period of at least 50% and who have at least 5 staff in the current period) or any business that has the opportunity, ambition and greatest potential to grow then 12hrs of support is on offer.
This offer is only available for a limited time and will be offered on a first come first served basis. If you have received similar support under Cumbria Growth Catalyst you won’t be eligible for this support.
To access the Allerdale Borough Council business support programme and/or the 3hrs business diagnostic please contact Lesley Robinson, Business Support Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org