Do you handle bakery products? Are you a baker who sells to other businesses?
How well do you know your Food Safety Act 1990 from your Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013?
What about your legal requirements to produce safe food?
Did you know you have an obligation to comply with food preparation regulations and it is an offence to supply food which is unsafe to be consumed and harmful to human health?
If an outbreak of food poisoning can be traced back to the lack of food hygiene standards, this can result in prosecution and even jail.
Support is available
Join Cumbria Business Growth Hub and Malcolm Laidlaw of ML3 Technical Services to make sure you have the right information and processes in place to be a responsible food producer.
How much would it cost?
The following workshops are FREE OF CHARGE to *eligible businesses and are funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
How do I book my FREE place? (Do you meet the eligibility criteria?)
(One place per business only)
- You must be a food and drinks producer and/or sell to other businesses.
- Your business employ less than 250 people (full time equivalent).
- Your business must be based in Cumbria.
- You MUST commit to TWELVE hours of business support assistance. Attendance of 1 workshop (6 hours) will give you a further 6 hours practical 1-2-1 business support with a specialist business adviser to support your business growth OR attend both workshops to complete your 12 hours.
- Businesses which have not already received at least 12 hours support or £1,000 subsidy through the current ERDF Growth Hub project (since December 2015) will be prioritised.
If you are eligible, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Company Name
- Full Address
- Brief description of your business
LIMITED places available. You will receive an email to confirm your place.