The Centre for Leadership Performance works to develop Cumbria’s leaders for today and tomorrow, supporting and developing the high quality leaders that Cumbria’s companies and organisations need to compete effectively in regional, UK and worldwide markets. We do this in various ways:
- Bespoke leadership consultancy for individual companies
- Open programmes such as Leader to Leader, a well established multi-modular open leadership development programme aimed at executives and senior leaders. The programme brings existing managers and leaders together to learn from each other, share best practice and work through the 4 main elements of the programme: shadowing, action learning, thought Leadership and working on a consultancy challenge and ultimately create a network of skilled and inspired leaders.
- Mentoring workshops to build specific skills. We use our network of specialists to develop the mentoring and coaching skills of managers and leaders, enabling them to build their teams, improve their effectiveness and tackle the challenges of their businesses
- Shadowing Opportunities to learn from each other, share best practice and ideas and create support networks and forge on-going relationships. These have grown out of our Leader 2 Leader programme as participants appreciated the tremendous value of seeing how different organisations work differently and follows conversations with many organisations who say their people have often been promoted from within and have little opportunity to look outside their day to day work and observe other leaders at similar levels
- Leadership@Lunch and other bite size leadership events and forums which provide opportunities for SMEs, large companies and public sector organisations to learn from some of the world’s leading figures in industry
- Young Leaders Programmes We work with young people in Cumbria to encourage aspiration and their ambition for leadership roles, through our Dream Placement and Bright Stars programmes