Funds under this priority will be used to provide grants for developing or starting rural micro and small businesses and farm diversification.
Applications are sought from projects which support:
- The growth of micro and small rural enterprises (non-agricultural);
- New business start-ups with capital purchases;
- Improvements in productivity and efficiency of micro and small enterprises;
- Community and social enterprise start up and expansion particularly to provide rural services.
- Support new diversification activity which does not displace other businesses and business activity in the area;
- Expand existing farm diversification projects which have significant outputs;
- Contribute to significant cost savings and income generation to the farm business through the introduction of renewable technology;
- Create links between the farm and the wider local economy;
- Retain young people/new entrants in farming by increasing farm income levels to improve its sustainability.
Please read the ‘Call for Projects’ document which contains more detail about how to apply, submission deadlines and other important information. This can be downloaded here:
Applicants must demonstrate how the project will provide economic growth and job creation opportunities.
For every £30,000 of grant, applicants must be able to create at least 1 new full-time equivalent sustainable job.
Details about how to apply can be found here: http://www.sbeleader.org.uk/how-to-apply
Get in Touch
To find out more contact Cumbria Business Growth Hub at:
Tel: 0844 257 8450