Tackling Poor Performance – Prevention and Cure
Staff Poor Performance
- Poor staff performance takes many forms – failing to hit sales or income generation targets, not meeting production levels, not carrying out work of the overall required quality or just individuals with poor, negative or uncooperative attitudes.
- Most businesses will have individuals or teams who are under-performing. This impacts on overall efficiency but also drags down morale and attitude generally.
- Managers find tackling poor performance difficult. It can often go unchallenged for years with businesses just trying to work around the limitations and foibles of under-performing staff.
This training will show how simple and practical employment law techniques can be used to improve productivity by covering:
- How employment law operates and why the law puts managers in control;
- Practical tips on how to prevent poor performance;
- Clear guidance on carrying out a performance review process including dismissal;
- Alternative solutions – mediations, “off the record” discussions/settlement agreements;
- Case studies setting out “real life” common problems and how to address them.
In essence, the training will show you how to get the best out of your staff with the minimum of risk, hassle and cost.
Who will Benefit from the Training
The training is aimed at anyone who manages staff including business owners, managers, supervisors and HR teams and will give you the practical guidance and the confidence to tackle poor performance.
Michael Bauer is a 20 year qualified employment solicitor who after working in London and Manchester has for the last 10 years run Cumbria Employment Solicitors – a specialist law firm dealing with all aspects of employment law. In addition to his work as a solicitor, Michael was an Employment Judge for the last 5 years.
When, Where and How
Book now to join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Michael Bauer of Cumbria Employment Solicitors at Newton Rigg Conference Centre on 12th September 2019 from 10am-4pm for this excellent and practical training.
The delegate rate for this full day workshop is £95 +VAT members / £145 +VAT non-members. To book a place on this workshop, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner.
Should you have any questions regarding the above training, please do not hesitate to contact me email@example.com.
Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
Future Training from Michael Bauer
|Effective Handling of Employee Disputes, Bickering and Fall-outs (including grievances) – (1/2 day)||26.9.19|
|Tackling Misconduct – Prevention and Cure (1 day)||16.10.19|
|Tackling Sickness Absence (1 day)||6.11.19|
|Demystifying Employment Tribunals and Tips on How to Avoid Claims (9.30 – 1)||19.11.19|
|Managing Dismissals Effectively (1 day)||3.12.19|
|Employment Law Update (1/2 day)||11.12.19|
Chamber Business Solutions is also able to deliver bespoke and in-house training – with our highly experienced team of trainers and subject matter experts we are committed to assisting you get the business results you need to achieve. For further information on how we can help your business please contact firstname.lastname@example.org