Low carbon grants now open.
The Lake District Foundation have now opened applications for their latest grant scheme, supported by the European Structural Investment Fund. Qualifying businesses can receive up to 60% of costs (up to a maximum of £20,000) for projects designed to reduce their carbon footprint. Projects need to be completed by March 2023.
Funding is available to community groups and businesses from a range of sectors, and your businesses or group will need to either operate within the Lake District National Park or have some impact within the Lake District National Park.
Projects could include:
- Low Carbon energy generation such as Solar Photo Voltaic, Solar Thermal, Biomass, Anaerobic digestion, Small hydro power, and Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps
- Energy efficiency projects such as Variable Speed drives, Voltage optimisation, Infrared Heating, LED lighting, and upgrading to efficient appliances
- Sustainable transport such as Vehicle Charging Points and e-cargo bikes
- AI and smart technology, such as smart food waste bins
- Behaviour change and engagement
To be eligible you must:
- Agree for us to hold and share your information.
- Be an SME
- No. of employees less than 250
- Turnover (less than €50m, approx. £46m) or Balance Sheet (less than €43m, approx. £39m)
- Is more than 25% of the business owned by another company / group (some exemptions e.g. VC) If Yes to the above, do the consolidated accounts of the parent co still meet the SME thresholds or other do other exemptions apply? (If Yes then eligible for support)
- Or a constituted community group, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
- Be an Eligible sector
- Restrictions apply to agriculture, fisheries, retail, synthetic fibres, shipbuilding, steel, public services, school age education, nuclear, banking and insurance.
- Be below the De Minimis threshold
- Under the De Minimis exemption an undertaking can receive up to €200,000 (approx.. £184,000) of State Aid in a rolling three year period, i.e. the current financial year and the two previous years. (€100,000 for undertakings in the road transport sector).
Find out more information and apply here.