If you’re in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or certain other benefits, alongside our other start-up support you can also benefit from the New Enterprise Allowance Scheme, funded by the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP).
You can now join this by coming to us directly, you don’t need to go through your Job Centre Work Coach. And all support is available virtually.
Support on offer
The scheme offers the following free support to get you going and help you through your first years trading:
- LinkUp:StartUp workshops to help you find out more and decide if working for yourself is for you
- One-to-one advice from our expert yet approachable business advisers
- Marketing and finance workshops
- A weekly allowance for up to 26 week (up to a total of £1,274)
- Help to apply for a Start Up Loan
Call or email us directly or ask your Jobcentre Work Coach to call us to arrange your first appointment.
You need to be looking to start-up, over 18 and either:
- You or your partner get Universal Credit, Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment & Support Allowance, or
- You get Income Support and you’re a lone parent, sick or disabled