If you’re thinking of starting your own business then pick the right mix from this great choice of free support to suit you and help get your new business off the ground.
Support on offer includes:
- Free one-to-one advice from an expert yet approachable business adviser to review and develop your business idea
- Free 3 day modular business start-up online courses covering an introduction to:
- Business planning and self employment
- Marketing, market research, sales forecasts, sales and promotion, social media and pricing
- Planning and managing finance, taxation, book-keeping and credit control
- Help from one or more of our business advisers to develop your business plan, including specialist in marketing, finance and more
- Enterprise Events, encouraging more people to think about starting in business
- Other free training/workshops in a range of topics, around the county
- Support through the University of Cumbria to encourage entrepreneurship and get their students and graduates starting in business
- Links into other sources of funding and support
- One year’s free membership of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce for all businesses starting up through the scheme (worth up to £400), helping to link you into Cumbria’s business community
It’s open to anyone 16 or over in Cumbria thinking of starting a business.
The ERDF BSUS project which is receiving £1,112,686 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020, with a £2,225,372 project total. The Department for Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
Other funding is provided by Cumbria Chamber of Commerce, University of Cumbria, Allerdale Borough Council/Sellafield Ltd’s Social Impact Investment Fund, Barrow Borough Council/Furness Economic Development Forum’s Coastal Communities Project, Eden District Council, Carlisle City Council and South Lakeland District Council.
Get in Touch
Contact us today for help and advice on starting or growing your business.
Tel: 0844 257 8450